A Random Post Holiday Weekend Weigh In
It’s been a while since I weighed in, about 6 weeks to be exact. I also set a goal last week to lose about 8.8 pounds in 3 weeks and knew this weekend was going to be rough, it being a holiday and all.
Previous Weight — 273.8 lbs (on 7.21.2012)
Current Weight — 269.6 lbs
Change In Weight — -4.2 lbs
Lets start be restating that’s a loss over 6 weeks but I started a week ago at the same weight as I was on 7/21 … we’ll finish by saying WOOT! I’ll take that in spades please, I’m ecstatic with that change. Given how hard it’s been this winter fighting food cravings this is a great motivation to keep my head down and focused on healthy options.
My week went a little like this:
- Tuesday — Celebrate my 38th birthday, ate out with the family and enjoyed some dessert.
- Wednesday — Feeling sick, no working out, but I ate well and within budget.
- Thursday — My throat wasn’t feeling great but my energy was fine so I did weight training and some intervals on the spin bike. I ate well and was within budget again, healthy eating check!
- Friday — Worried that maybe I shouldn’t have worked out before so didn’t work out today. My food was ok, not perfect, and a little over calories but not crazy horrible. Early to bed for a bike ride in the morning!
- Saturday — Woke up with a really sore throat again … that combined with the incoming rains from hurricane Issac and I didn’t ride. By the evening my throat was feeling better so I decided to do some weight lifting to at least get some kind of workout in.
- Sunday — Sore throat was gone finally and I really made some great choices today food wise bringing me well within budget. I also did a 25 minute run along with 40 minutes spinning a higher resistance on the bike.
- Monday — Finally managed a real bike ride again and put in 50 miles. I ate pretty good and came in well under budget due to the longer ride.
I hope I don’t hit a plateau this week but I wouldn’t be surprised given the loss this week. I’m really happy with this loss and would love to head into the Sub-5 Century on Sunday weighing even less. Less weight means I need less energy to make those 100 miles in under 5 hours.
How’s your holiday weekend fare? Did you stay on track or trip up a bit?